Monday, May 10, 2010

Wavey

I'm in the cafe I work in. A regular customer leaves and waves goodbye to me. I wave back at her. Unfortunately it's a bit of a purposely gay wave. Unfortunate because a new customer standing between us thinks I am waving a greeting at her. She waves back at me. This really isn't how I greet customers. She thinks otherwise because at the completion of her meal, as she leaves, she waves at me. It's quite possible she thinks I am simple in the head. Reluctantly, I smile and wave goodbye to her. The others I work with think this is a cack and now they wave enthusiastically at me at the start and end of each day.

3 comments:

Gin said...

You could start a fad. Actually, I intend at waving at the staff when I go into my local cafe this morning. Share the love.

Lee Bemrose said...

We could start International Wave At A stranger Day.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

The next time they wave, tell them, Thank you, fans, thank you.